Scope of the Workshops
The Real-Time Systems Symposium (RTSS) is the flagship conference of the IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Real-Time Systems. RTSS 2018, the 39th edition of the conference, will take place in Nashville, Tennessee, USA from 11th to 14th December 2018. Continuing a successful tradition, RTSS 2018 will organize one-day workshops on Tuesday 11th December 2018.
The workshops are expected to:
- strengthen interactions between the real-time community and other related research areas;
- create a stimulating environment that facilitates the discussion of open or hot research topics.
Proposal Submission Instructions
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit workshop proposals. Proposals should consist of two parts. First part concerns a short scientific justification of the proposed topic, its significance, and the particular benefits of the workshop to the research community, as
well as a list of previous or related workshops (if any). A second organizational part should include:
- contact information for the workshop proposers. NB: if the workshop proposers are not the PC chair(s), then the proposal should indicate the expected PC chair(s). The PC chairs will attend the workshop day and provide support to the local team.
- estimate of the audience size. NB: the Workshop Selection Committee reserves the right to cancel workshops having a low number of participants.
- past attendance numbers (if not a new workshop);
- proposed format (contributed short papers or long abstracts, invited papers, open discussion, keynote speakers, etc.);
- potential invited speakers (if any);
- proposed sponsorships (if any);
- procedures for selecting papers and participants (e.g., program committee, review process, etc.);
- plans for dissemination of contributions (e.g., website, special issues of journals, etc.);
- special technical or audio/video needs; and
- any other relevant information.
Proposals will be evaluated based on their quality and the qualifications of the organizers. Submission of proposals should be made by sending an email to Liliana Cucu-Grosjean (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line “RTSS 2018 Workshop Proposal”.
The PC chairs of the workshops are NOT eligible to submit papers to their own workshops. Workshop proposers and/or PC chairs shall send the list of accepted papers and authors to the RTSS workshop chair and RTSS PC chair prior to acceptance notification.
- Mon 14th May 2018 – FIRM Workshop Proposal Submission Deadline
- Mon 21st May 2018 – Workshop Selection Notification
- Fri 22nd June 2018 – Workshop Web Pages Posted with CFPs
- Thu 20th Sept 2018 – Workshop Papers Submission Deadline (to be confirmed)
- Fri 19th Oct 2018 – Workshop Papers Notification of Acceptance (to be confirmed)
- Fri 2nd Nov 2018 – Workshop Papers Camera Ready Deadline (to be confirmed)
Note that all RTSS workshops will follow exactly the same timeline.
Workshop Selection Committee
- Liliana Cucu-Grosjean, Inria, Paris, France (RTSS2018 Workshops Chair)
- Robert I. Davis, University of York / Inria (RTSS2018 Program Chair)
- Isabelle Puaut, University of Rennes/IRISA (RTSS2018 General Chair)