STUDENT TRAVEL GRANTS
Sponsored by NSF and IEEE
The RTSS 2018 conference organizers anticipate the availability of Student Travel Grants to support the participation of students in RTSS 2018 events. Each grant will contribute towards partial reimbursement of registration and travel costs. Depending on available funding, it is anticipated that travel grants will be awarded in the amount of ~ 500$ per student.
Application Deadline: November 2nd 2018
Notification of Acceptance: November 9th 2018
The award of the travel grants will be in accordance with the following guidelines:
- The applicant must be a current graduate student at an institution of higher education.
- The applicant must have a fully-paid student registration for RTSS and must physically attend the conference.
- Students must have a paper accepted at some session of RTSS 2018 (regular RTSS session, workshop, brief presentation, RTSS@work).
- Travel grants will be awarded on the basis of financial need. Preference will be given to students who do not have active grant funding and to underrepresented/minority students.
- Student applicants should pay the registration fees first. If selected, the travel grant should cover partially their registration and travel costs via a post-conference reimbursement.
How to apply
Any student applicant needs to send an e-mail to email@example.com. The subject of the e-mail must be:
RTSS 2018 TRAVEL GRANT APPLICATION
in uppercase letters.
This e-mail must include the student’s faculty advisor in the cc list. The e-mail must include the following information:
Is your research funded by an active grant (yes/no)?
If Yes, is the NSF the source of funding (yes/no)?
Identification of accepted paper (title, authors, submission number, session):
Estimated travel cost:
Proof of conference registration (copy of the registration receipt)
Any other information you might find useful to support your application
The advisor is required to follow up with an email to acknowledge the accuracy of this information.
Successful applicants will receive award letters by e-mail together with instructions on how to receive partial refunds, which will be issued to the person or institution that covered the expenses after the conference (post-travel). In the past, travel awards were around $500, and we are targeting a similar amount (but the exact amount depends on the number eligible applications and available funds).